Sunday, April 8, 2012

Midnight Churnings

The strangest thing happened to me last Friday. I was working on the first book in my new-but-as-yet-unnamed trilogy – a long day which began around four in the morning and started winding down around ten at night – when I suddenly received a spurt of inspiration for the second story in the trilogy. I was dead-tired, with a splitting headache to boot, but rather than crawl off to bed I created a new document and began putting my inspiration to text.

I already know how all three books will begin and end in my head, but so far have only been writing steadily on the first story. Switching gears to start work on the second book is out of character for me, but I decided to go with the flow. Needless to say, my long day grew even longer but before I knew it I had the first chapter written for Book #2.

"Before I knew it" is a relative term, actually, because I didn't hit the hay until well after two in the morning - two hours short of being up and adam for twenty-four hours. May the saints preserve me!

However, I'm very happy with the results of my "sudden" inspiration for Book #2.  It makes me all the more eager to continue and finish all three stories, sleep be damned…

No comments:

Post a Comment