Thursday, February 24, 2011

Character Closure

I'm more than half-way finished with Megan's Legacy, the eighth and final part of the Collective Obsessions Anthology.

It's difficult to provide closure for certain longtime residents in the books, and rather bittersweet. The Larkin and Sullivan families have been in my head for a long, long time. However, as in real life, fictional characters age and pass away just like real ones do. Since the books span a period of more than 140 years, the progression is inevitable.

I have vivid dreams about the characters and scenes on occasion, which is a decidedly weird occurrence and has never happened to me before now.

While I don't want to give too much away at this point, it will be strange to put the characters to bed, so to speak, once and for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment